#11 - The Awkward Date Night
Even when we know feedback strengthens relationships, in a marriage it’s easy to give input out of anger, at the wrong time, or to avoid the process entirely. In this episode we discuss practical steps for getting feedback from your spouse and how this process can strengthen your relationship.
Related (ish) Links and Follow up
CHICK-fil-A (emphasis matters) - But if you listen to the Oxford dictionary, maybe Joy is more right than wrong! (What do you think?)
A blog post outlining much of this talk is here:
Finally, as promised, here’s a list of the sample questions we discussed on the episode:
- If you could change one thing about me, what would it be?
- Have I done anything to hurt you recently? If so, what?
- Do any of my friendships make you uncomfortable?
- What’s one thing that I do that bothers you that I don’t seem to realize?
- Is there anything that you’re nervous to talk to me about? If so, what?
- In what ways do you ever feel disrespected by me?
- In what ways would you like to change our level of emotional intimacy?
- In what ways would you like to change our level of physical intimacy?
- In what ways do I cause you to feel unloved?
- Do you have any secrets that you’ve been afraid to tell me?
Remember to end with a couple of positive questions.
- What do you think we are doing well?
- What do you love most about our marriage these days?
Bonus family questions (as mentioned)
- What could I do to be a better parent?
- What could I change to make our relationship better?
Talk About This:
This week is all about talking through the questions above. Please GO for it!
If you haven’t left us a review yet, please do so!!