Easy Two Person Salsa
I have several default dishes I prepare during the week which require absolutely ZERO thinking on my part. I've shared many of these dishes with you (Tacos, Chili, Roasted Broccoli), but this week it occurred to me that one of my MOST basic toppings has never appeared here. Let's solve that now!
This is so crazy easy and turns any grilled (or baked) meat into something special. Here's all you need:
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1-2 Tomatoes (depending on size), diced
- 1/4 cup Onion, finely chopped ( you can substitute green onions if you don't like raw onion)
- 1-2 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Lime juice, to taste (if you don't have fresh limes, feel free to use white vinegar)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 diced garlic clove (optional)
Stir the tomatoes, onion, and cilantro together. Add the lime juice, using one half of the fruit (about 1-2 teaspoons) and then tasting. Use the second half if needed.Add the diced avocado and stir gently. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Tasting IS the best part of making this side!Use as topping on your meat and turn any plate from meh to WOW!Nom. Nom!