Crab Dip 101
When I'm in a time crunch and I need a short ingredient list for an appetizer, this is my definitive "go to" recipe. (The Sun-dried Tomato spread is my favorite when I don't want to turn on the oven.) I've put in measurements so you can have a starting point, but I usually just eyeball the ingredients. Here's what you need:
- 2 cans lump crab meat (you could technically get away with less, but why would you?!)
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons diced yellow or sweet onion (about 1/2 of a small onion)
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
- fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
Mix together all of the ingredients EXCEPT the almonds.Spread into a shallow pie or quiche pan.Cover with slivered almonds (the "L" is silent) and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until hot.Serve with crackers, "sturdy" chips (like pita chips), or raw veggies.The best part of this dip is if there are leftovers, you can nosh on the spread for a week or so. Deeeeelish!!!