Vacuum Cleaner Cookies
I’m warning you in advance, these cookies will not win any beauty contests. However, the flavor is so tasty you won’t ever feel the need to dress them up and make them look fancy. You won’t have to do anything other than cut and serve to watch these babies disappear. Here’s what you need:
- ½ cup (1 stick) margarine at room temp. (NOT butter)
- 1 box yellow cake mix (without pudding in the mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 1 1lb. Box powdered sugar (3 ¾ cups)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (or ½ cup nuts, ½ cup coconut)
Combine margarine, cake mix and 1 egg.
Stir together until dry ingredients are moistened. Put mixture into bottom of well-greased 15x10 inch pan (cookie sheet!).Make sure the dough covers the pan thoroughly.
In another bowl, beat 2 eggs lightly, then beat in cream cheese and powdered sugar.
Stir in coconut and nuts.
Pour over first mix, spreading evenly.
Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool entire pan on wire rack until room temperature.
Cut into bars.Don't plan on leftovers. And when people ask you, "what's in these?" do them a favor and just say, "you don't want to know."