Three-Step Enchilada Dip
I came home from a trip a couple of weeks ago and completely forgot we were having friends over the next day, and I needed snacks. I was absolutely NOT going to get back in my car and out to the grocery store, so I had to comb through my pantry and fridge to come up with the ingredients for a dip. This combination came out of one of the ancient thrift store recipe books (Thank you Old Stone Church of Rancho Cucamonga!), and I loved it. This is what you need:
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 can Rotel (or diced tomatoes & green chiles)
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each cumin, oregano, paprika (smoked paprika if you have it)
- Red Pepper flakes & Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups cooked and chopped chicken breasts (without the skin)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Put all but the last two ingredients (the chicken & cheese) in a food processor and process until smooth. After processing, transfer to a bowl and adjust the seasoning (in case you want more heat!).
Stir in chicken and cheese and refrigerate overnight.Serve with tortilla or pita chips.Boom! Done! Enjoy!