"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." Will Rogers
What if this was the week you started something you've been avoiding? Maybe you've looked at yourself in the mirror and you KNOW what you need to do next; you know how to get on the right track.
Still, knowing and doing are worlds apart.
Would your life be different six months from now if you...
- instigated the tough conversation?
- applied for a new job?
- started listening without being defensive?
- changed your eating habits?
- called the doctor you've been avoiding?
- talked to someone about your addictions?
- worked on the estranged relationship?
What could be different if you went beyond thinking about next steps and actually implementing them?
As easy as it is to complain about Mondays, on my better days I see them as loaded with potential. They represent the opportunity to have a week that is intentional and full of purpose.
Maybe the purpose of this week for you and me isn't to change tracks, but to move forward on the track we're on.