15 MORE Lessons Sons Teach Us
"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." Charles Swindoll
As a new parent, I expected to influence my kids, but I didn't realize how much I'd learn FROM them. Last year on his birthday, I made a list of a few things my son has taught me and Billy. and, sure enough, we're still learning!
Chances are, if you've ever spent much time with a 9-year-old boy, you've learned a few of these too!
1. Embrace your creative side!
2. You're never too old to ask for a lift.
3. Patience pays off.
4. Learn from your dad.
5. Sometimes the only way to have fun is to get dirty.
6. Stay snuggled as long as possible.
7. Take friends with you on your adventures.
8. Don't underestimate courage in the young.
9. Photo bombing is an art form.
10. Joy is contagious (particularly if you have a blue tongue).
11. Smile and use props often!
12. Legos are magnetically attracted to 9-year-old boys.
13. You will always look small compared to the big world.
14. Keep your feet planted.
15. Get your rest.
I'm inspired by this kid every single day. I can't wait to see what the next year holds!
Happy Birthday Big Guy!